Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Good Wife

Only blindness could prevent me from seeing the blessing that my dear wife is to me. I speak not of physical blindness (though there are certainly visible evidences of the many ways she is a daily blessing to me) but of spiritual blindness. I give thanks unto the Lord that he has given me a good wife, a prudent wife.
House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.(Pr. 19:14)
Mary Susan is my perfect compliment - strong where I am weak, capable where I am inept, kind when I am overly harsh, thoughtful when I am rash, encouraging when I am discouraged, careful where I tend toward careless. I could go on. I like the American Heritage Dictionary definition of prudent:
  1. Wise in handling practical matters; exercising good judgment or common sense.
  2. Careful in regard to one's own interests; provident.
  3. Careful about one's conduct; circumspect.
I gratefully acknowledge that I have indeed obtained "favor from the Lord" (Pr. 18:22). Mary Susan is my crown (Pr. 12:4) and a beautiful one at that. She is more precious than jewels. I can in no way take credit for the wonderful gift of my bride. I can only give thanks to the creator of Heaven and earth for His mercy and His grace and for His abundant blessings.

I pray that the bride of my youth will know the depth of my love for her and forgive me for the many ways I have failed to love her as I ought.

With love to Mary Susan,
Keith

1 Comments:

Blogger The Bradshaws said...

More than I ever hoped for or dreamed of, Patti!

Mary Susan

Thursday, February 15, 2007 7:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home