Monday, January 22, 2007

A Few Things...

More posts here lately as a result of not feeling like doing much else. We're getting tired of videos, even, and are starting the Narnia audio series.

Update on sickness: my mother, after 16 days of fever, coughing, etc., and two rounds of antibiotics, is better, as of Thursday. YEA!!! There may be an end in sight. I'm on about day 11 or 12, now, and am further along than the others, except probably 4yo, who isn't as bad as the the girls and me, anyway (except for the bad ear infection of last week, and still having very poor hearing). Somehow, my father has escaped the whole thing, and Keith has just had the cough, and not as bad a cough as the rest of us. 11yo son has the cough and some congestion, but has had very little fever. He's busy taking care of the girls and me today, having warmed up for lunch the chicken-noodle soup Keith made yesterday for a shared (and very appropriate) Sabbath meal for us and the tent-dwellers. I find it difficult to talk, which is very frustrating with a 4yo who cannot hear well! Also, a cough this morning threw my back out. Thankfully, Keith was still here and immediately put massive amounts of pressure on the affected spot, thus making it possible for me to be vertical now!

Enough whining and on to some fun stuff!

11yo spent some time this morning going through the new Seed Savers catalog. Very exciting; he has already created a list of vegetables he wants to get. Tent-dweller is interested in a package from Baker Creek, too, that we may look into getting together, or some such. We've been reading a lot of garden books lately. I'm very much enjoying Jerome Lange's Remembering the Fish: The Seven Keys, obtainable from Rick Saenz at Cumberland Books.

Speaking of Rick Saenz, we are looking forward to seeing him and son Chris (and any others that may get to come!) in March, when they come to play at the Pick'n Parlor.

By the way, the beef we are enjoying from Ribeye is now "authentic" instead of "grass-fed." You can read why here.

Enough links, and on to some thank yous!

I want to thank all you Christian agrarian bloggers. I don't often get much computer time anymore, but when I do, you are a blessed and wonderful source of encouragement, information, and inspiration.

I also thank the brothers and sisters in our church family. I don't think I need to tell you what you mean to us. Never had we seen worship and fellowship so clearly defined and practiced until we met y'all and started worshipping with you. Soli Deo Gloria!

And I thank my sister, who is simply an awesome person, sister, friend, example--and is the epitome of an aunt.

Mary Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home