Thursday, January 18, 2007

Prime Rib

The children and I sit here, sick, and starting the third part of "Lord of the Rings" (our not being much good for anything else at the present time).

I did, however, decide I could post a blog about our prime rib. After having a difficult time figuring out when to have it, when our parents and all of us could be here to enjoy it, we finally decided on the joint birthday celebration of our now-14yo daughter and my mother this past Saturday. This turned out to be extra nice, since my sister was also here, as well as Reformed Tentdweller and his family.

However, it was not nice, since both celebrators were not feeling well. My mother was bad enough that she ate canned chicken soup. (Wish I'd known she'd decided that; we could have at least made homemade!) I don't think she even tried the beef.

The rest of us, however, enjoyed it tremendously. Like all the cuts we've had from grass-fed Ribeye, it was tender, juicy, and tasty. I'm hoping we'll never have to buy beef again, and can continue having our own grass-fed beef!

Mary Susan

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

We are so sorry that you are still ailing. We have prayed that all of you will fully recover soon. We'll keep praying.

We'll miss you tomorrow!

Love,
Christy

Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Is everyone all better now? Sure hope you are.

We too LOVE our own beef. This last one we butchered is the best we have ever raised by far.

Monday, January 22, 2007 9:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home