Monday, March 26, 2007

High-Tensile Wire

I'm really liking high-tensile wire. We don't actually have any high-tensile fencing, but we have found other uses for the wire:
  1. Bracing on fence corners
  2. Hooks. When we're in a bind for a hook to hang on a peg board or some such, we have been known to create one out of high-tensile wire.
  3. Hoops
    1. Tabletop greenhouses
    2. Support hoops for the cloth we put over some of the crucifers in one of the gardens (We have a terrible problem with cabbage butterflies, which have a different name, but I can never remember it. "Cabbage butterflies" works for me. Anyway, they lay eggs that become voracious cabbage worms, which probably also have another name, but I can never...well you know.)
    3. Hoop skirts. Yep. 14yo daughter and I used it (with 11yo son's help) to create the hoops in our hoop skirts that we wore to Franklin in December for the Dickens festival there.
Pretty convenient stuff to have around, but caution is wise: I recommend protective eyewear, as well as simply being careful, when using it.
Mary Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home