Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Update on "barn"-raising

Incredible what can happen in a week, especially when driven by a driven, professional builder-friend donating his time and four of his crew, to lead our men and boys! In one week, our pastor's barn/house went from a plumbed concrete slab to what you see in the following pictures.

From what I understand, the porch was not planned, but the builder thought one would be nice, had some time while waiting for supplies, and took the opportunity to add it!

Better watch that first step!

Beautiful view.

Yes, even the kitchen cabinets were installed, and some wiring was done. The refrigerator is now in and working! The kitchen, windows, and doors came from the pastor's in-laws, who I understand are conveniently redecorating their home.

The living quarters for the family of nine (at this point) are upstairs, with what used to be called a "great room," three bedrooms, two bathrooms, etc. This space is to be used as pantry/laundry room/sewing room. And yes, I believe all the interior walls have been framed.


This is how we broke it in after church this week.

The music is always fun, and seeing Abby and some of the other little ones dancing to it was pure joy.

Sure makes me wonder why it took close to a year to build our place!

Mary Susan

2 Comments:

Blogger VoiceInTheWilderness said...

I am pretty certain that I ran into the family in this picture at Wal-Mart in Manchester, TN. I believe they were getting ready to build a cabin? I had their e-mail address, but I believe he said he only had access on from his phone. I since lost it. How are they, assuming they are the same people?

Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Bradshaws said...

Yes, they told us of meeting you all. They are doing well and have relocated to the Lobelville/Pleasantville area and living and working among the plainfolk. We will probably see them tomorrow at worship and I will pass along your regards.
Keith

Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home