Monday, May 28, 2007

Farm Update

Check here and here for some of what's been going on with our farm.

We've been watering the veggies; "they" say we're in a drought already, and we certainly can't argue with them!

We got a few strawberries, but not many at all. The plants have multiplied greatly and look very healthy, though, so hopefully we'll get more next year. I think I'll consider covering them if we're due for a freeze when they're blooming. When I think of all the blooms we had before the freeze in April--ouch!

The asparagus has about played out, too. I think the asparagus harvest season is too short; I never get enough for my taste!

The lettuce and onions are great in salads and on sandwiches. The broccoli and cabbage is producing well, but some of the cabbage has small black beetles on it--lots of them! And some are turning black from the stem-end; my mother has never seen anything like this (the beetles or the black), in her many years of suburban gardening. I've not heard my father's comments on it (a man of few words).

The other crops are coming up well.

I'm desperate for a home-grown tomato! (And I don't mean a hot-house one.)

We've had a lot of wonderful fellowship with dear brothers and sisters in Christ. To God be the glory.

Mary Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home