Thursday, December 01, 2005

Enemy in the home

Rather than continuing the fight against a strange (or is it?) adversary in our home, I'm considering trying to accept the dirty deed and incorporate it into our lives. However, I'm having a difficult time letting go of my prejudices.

Much like weeds in a garden, these sprout throughout our house and beyond--yes, even in the garage, the utility vehicle, cars, and yard. I would not be surprised to find that we leave an ugly trail wherever we go.

My thoughts now are toward not only acceptance, but even of incorporation. Yes, the abhor-tolerate-accept-embrace progression. Not generally thought of as a good progression, but maybe in this instance, I have been too extreme in my abhorrence.

And so, humbly (but a bit grumbly) admitting defeat, I'm trying to come up with a decorating scheme that would be enhanced and improved by--or, more realistically, that is built around-- dirty socks.

Mary Susan

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Oh, I love it! Beautifully written. Please do post when you find a decorating scheme that is successfully built around dirty socks.

Once you market this scheme, you will most likely have quite a following. Martha will have to abdicate her throne of Queen of Decorating and MS will step in.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Walter Jeffries said...

*grin* You had me hanging to the last word...

Our solution is dirty socks get hung over the grate (our wood furnace is in the basement below the grate) and dry. On child is assigned the nightly task before bed of cleaning the grate. They move everything off the grate that is dry and things that are still wet get left on the grate but neatly organized. "Dirty" but useable socks get paired and hung on the back of the bench for tomorrow. Truely dirty socks get put in the wash bin.

This nightly process keeps things somewhat neat. :)

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home