Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Re-reveiew

Okay. Keith thinks I was a bit too kind in my comments about the new "Pride and Prejudice." We watched part of the A&E version last night, and I'm inclined to agree with him. The A&E "P&P" really is a well-done production--far better than the new movie. However, I still think the new movie is not bad, and makes for a nice albeit expensive diversion.

Would I go again? No, certainly not at theater prices.

Would I go in the first place, if I knew what it was like? I'm not sure. Like I said, we don't often go to movies, and it was fun with everyone along. However, the wait-and-rent method is a lot more practical, and I don't think we'd have missed a lot by missing it on the big screen. But we would definitely have rented it soon after it became available.

Mary Susan

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Thanks for the review, Mary Susan. I've really, really wanted to go see the movie but haven't made it yet. I think I'll wait and rent it and enjoy it at home.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger TNfarmgirl said...

Mary Susan,
I am so glad you shared this review. P&P is my favorite movie and we love the A&E version best..I wondered how they could get it into 2 hours! I will rent it when it becomes available - thanks for saving me an expensive trip to the theatre!

Monday, December 05, 2005 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home