Saturday, October 20, 2007

First Family Film Night

Well, our pastor held our church's (and friends') first Family Film Night last night. We didn't think we'd be able to be there, but managed (found a fairly legitimate excuse) to, anyway.

We had pizza (eventually; the oven had a bit of a problem, but thankfully, there was a back-up) and popcorn and viewed Franklin Springs Family Media's two newest--and wonderful--offerings: "Inherit the Land" and "Still Standing: the Stonewall Jackson Story." I wish I could post the trailers here, but I've never tried that, and I don't want to get into something that's going to keep me up too late while trying to figure it out!

Anyway, we not only viewed the films, but we also had some of the Franklin Springs Family Media folks with us, including a producer (and owner) and an editor. Also, one of the families featured and interviewed in "Inherit the Land" was there. As were a few others who had made some contributions to one or both of the films, as well as some of the other FSFM films. (Doesn't that make us sound important!!!! Actually, they're all friends from nearby.) These are great folks we've enjoyed getting to know over the last year, and we look forward to more fellowship with them and their families, as well as the other families that were present. I'm not sure we got a head count, but I can think of at least eleven families (approximately 70 people) that were there, but I feel very much like I'm forgetting someone.

I highly recommend both films; go to the links and check out the trailers, and if you're so inclined, I encourage you to get the videos, and thus support the FSFM folks in their efforts to provide quality family films. (Everything I've seen from FSFM is very well done; they're professionals who know what they're doing, and are putting out top-quality material.)

Also, if you get to see "Inherit the Land," be sure to watch the bonus-feature music video "Green Beans in the Garden," by the Wests, which, my daughters pointed out (for the young, first-time producer's benefit), is bluegrass!

Mary Susan

6 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

We got to watch Inherit the Lnad. I did not realize that the Stonewall one was out already. We loved the song that the Wests did. Did her husband die since Our Journey home or was he just away?

Monday, October 22, 2007 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger VoiceInTheWilderness said...

How was Inherit the Land? We plan to buy a copy.

Monday, October 22, 2007 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Bradshaws said...

Marci,

The West family is not the one featured in "Our Journey"--that was the Wallers. However, I believe Mrs. West was interviewed in that one about the Wallers.

From what I understand (and I don't know the Wests, so it's what I have heard from mutual friends), her husband left the family--I'm not sure when, but felt from the conversation that it was not that recently.

One friend stated that she is striving to raise her children according to God's word and spoke highly of Mrs. West.

Mary Susan

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger The Bradshaws said...

voiceinthewilderness,

We enjoyed "Inherit the Land" a great deal. It was very well done (as are all the FSFM productions), and is an area we are interested in.

It's always inspiring to see a family working together, and in this video, you can see a few. At least one of the farms even has three generations working it.

BTW, Keith's name appears in the credits, but we are not getting paid in any way, other than friendship and fun (What better pay??). We were surprised when his name appeared.

Oh, and Keith says he'll be available for signing DVD's sometime! HA!

Mary Susan

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Ah Ha...thank you, Bradshaws for confirming my suspicions about Mrs. West. I thought she was in the "Journey Home" video. I could not verify that, because as soon as we viewed "Inherit the Land" we loaned the DVD to some friends who have been called back to the land - like the families in the DVD. We had also loaned them the "Journey Home" DVD. Perhaps when I get "Inherit the Land" back, Keith can autograph it :)

BTW, thank you for your God honoring blog. I enjoy stopping by for a visit!

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home