Monday, June 26, 2006

Whizbang report

I'll keep this brief. Herrick, you 'da man! Needless to say this is just another testimony of the simplicity and effectiveness of the Whizbang Chicken Plucker. We processed 27 birds Friday evening at a friend's house in about 2.5 hours. With a proper scald, a single bird comes out perfectly clean in under 15 seconds. Simply amazing.

For what it's worth, I ended up substituting an old 1/3 hp motor (extracted from an old squirrel cage fan) for the 2 hp beast I had originally intended to use. Though smaller than the recommended motor, I didn't notice it bogging down at all. We were, however, only plucking one bird at a time.

Keith

3 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Ok Keith, now it is time for some answers.... =) Are you a tinkerer and inventor by nature? Are you more than normally mechanically inclined? I am just curious how easy it really is to build this plucker.

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger Herrick Kimball said...

Hi Keith,

Nice report. Welcome to the Fraternity Of Whizbang Pluckerbuilders. Nice action photo too!

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger The Bradshaws said...

farm girl,

Yes, I'm a bit of a tinkerer and somewhat mechanically inclined. However, in the case of the plucker, all I had to do was follow Herrick's plan. It couldn't have been any easier. I ended up buying the featherplate, shaft and driven pulley from Herrick. I definitely recommend getting at least those parts from Herrick.
Keith

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home