Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Herrick Kimball's Book

Mr. Kimball's book arrived Saturday (http://www.thedeliberateagrarian.com/).

There is one problem: we all want to read it at the same time. Our solution is to let Keith have it when he wants, since he's not home as much as the rest of us, and to use it as a read-aloud for the kids during the day. We've only had a chance to do the first story, but since reading it on Monday, have made numerous references to it, mostly about the fortified cereals in the pantry!

I remember reading the second story when he posted it--and saving it in a Word document to use with writing assignments as an example of fine writing. It was so descriptive and put me right there in Herrick's garden. I'm looking forward to reading it to the children in a couple of hours.

Mary Susan

1 Comments:

Blogger Herrick Kimball said...

Mary Susan

Thank you for saying such nice things about my new book. I am blessed to know you are reading it with your children. The second story of the book, "An Episode of Garden Repose," is one of my favorites.

Thank you again,

Herrick

Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home